Wednesday, August 25, 2010

PREACHING – Retirement has given me time to evaluate my years as a preacher. I know there were far better preachers than I was but my heart was in it, doing it for glory of our Lord and the benefit of others. When my sons John and Gary went of to Bible College they told me they had difficulty getting use to other preachers after sitting under my preaching for so many years. John told me it was strange being taught things they had already been taught by me. That was all an encouragement to this old man’s heart.

TIME SPENT - I don’t have a lot of spare time here at Patty and Al’s. Not that I have a lot to do. Patty has a lot of running to do fixing up rental properties and I tag along. They have several rental properties preparing for future retirement and one was vacated this month and there was a lot of fixing up to do so I sit and watch, keeping her company. A family rented it last night so it wasn’t vacant long.

DIFFERENT AREA – Things are different here and I enjoy the palm trees and the flowering crepe myrtles. So many of the streets are divided by islands to separate the directions. Driving through our neighborhood there are boys playing basketball and smaller kids riding bikes. The heat doesn’t seem to slow them down. There were palms in California when I went to Western Union School years ago. I lived there for a time when I was small but I didn’t notice those things then.

BARKING DOGS – I hate barking dogs. Our neighbor has a dog that barks almost continually and it drives me nuts. You’d think it would bother them too but I never hear them getting after them. Any suggestions short of a gun??

THE MOSQUE - The plans to build a Mosque in New York is causing a lot of debate and little wonder being near ground zero where the building were destroyed by Muslims. Another slap in the face.

PRAISE THE LORD – the house has been sold. Thank you for praying. It is interesting how God works. We have been praying the Lord would sell the house and the family who bought it told Gary and Donna that they have been praying to find the right house. I’m told they are believers and will be looking for a new church. Wouldn’t it be something if they found Fellowship Baptist Church.

No comments: