Friday, July 23, 2010

THE MOVE – Going from Ohio to Texas was quite a move. Patty has done her best to make me feel at home. She has hung pictures I have taken over the years of nature such as Killdeer eggs, a large woods toadstool, ocean pictures & bittersweet berries. She & Al have treated me royally.

TEACHING – The past three Wednesdays I have taught the midweek Bible study in Galatians as the one who usually teaches it has not been able to. I enjoyed doing so even though my eyes make the words overlap making study a bit difficult.

FENCES – Everyone’s backyard here are fenced in with six-foot boards, something I have not seen before. Everyone wants their privacy I guess. Makes good business for lumberyards. Our neighbors dogs keep trying to break though their fence he apparently doesn't like being fenced in.

COMPANY – Al’s mom and dad visited last week and we had an enjoyable time together. Al took time off from work on Thursday and Friday to spend time with them. They are from Kentucky and returned home after dinner on Sunday.

GALATIANS 6:10 – “Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.” One of the reasons Christianity grew so rapidly in the beginning was the carrying out the spirit of this verse. Christians were known for doing good to others. Though they were persecuted they didn’t return evil for evil. It was their desire to show forth the love of Christ. Further, Christians suffered for their faith and often were in dire circumstances, needing help. Family should take care of family. May we in our day follow this instruction. If believers will do so they will find their efforts bearing much fruit.

DOCTORING – I am trying to get established with doctors here in Texas. Patty has been working on it for me and I saw a foot doctor yesterday and also filled out papers for an internist. I hate changing doctors after being established with some for so many years. This is one the prices you pay for moving, lots of paper work. It use to be we’d see a GP for everything and now today everyone specializes and you end up seeing half a dozen different doctors.

Well, keep looking up, the Lord is coming.

No comments: