Sunday, August 31, 2008

July 2008 #2

333 HALF EVIL – This is a bumper sticker I saw today that gave cause to think a bit and I finally realized this was a take off on the 666 mark of the beast that people will have to have on their forehead or hand in order to buy or sell. It is difficult for my mind to comprehend someone’s ignorance regarding sin and evil. The individual who came up with this bumper sticker for a novel idea, and then those who paste them on their car bumpers and windows have no real recognition of their status or their standings before Almighty God. The Bible is so clear that “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God,” how then can an individual arrive at a conclusion that they are only “half evil?” Or how could they imagine only taking on half the consequences of the antichrist’s requirements during the tribulation. This sticker only reveals the complete ignorance of the lost in this day and age. They need all of the Saviors mercy and forgiveness resulting from their confession of sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ. If they wake up to find themselves left behind at the rapture and caught up in the dealings of the world wide ruler or antichrist of the tribulation, they won’t be able to take half the mark to buy and sell. They will actually be selling their souls to the devil and eventually end up in an eternal hell. Satan is certainly busy leading people down the path of destruction while thinking they are being funny!

HOT AND SOUR SOUP – I’ve liked Chinese food since a boy when I seldom had an opportunity to enjoy it. I enjoy hot and sour soup and often stop to get some to take home for my lunch and they always give me a fortune cookie with it. The fortune I received this time was, “It is up to you to create your own adventures today!” I liked that one, realizing that as a Christian I can make life an adventure that can be personally enjoyable as well as bring glory to our God and Savior. Have you ever thought about witnessing as an adventure? I think we should. It seems so hard to make ourselves do it. Yet, when we get up our courage to do so, some great joy and blessings can come our way, opening doors to new friendships with people while pointing them to Christ. I’ve never come away from a call in a home after having an opportunity to tell them about my Savior, especially when they make that all important decision, but what I traveled home with joy in my heart and singing praises to God. What an adventure. Have you had one recently? Little by little I am getting to know more about the young Chinese girl who usually waits on me, knowing what I am coming for, even before I ask. I believe the adventure is developing when I will be able to share the gospel with her in word or a book. I am having the same adventure with my young and very worldly barber. I keep witnessing to him and taking literature to him and hopefully one of these days he will yet come to Christ. BUILD AN ADVENTURE! Some people use their vacation time to visit and assist missionaries at home or abroad. Some use vacation time to assist in V.B.S. Retirees often come along a missionary to assist them for a period of time, sometimes several months. Some churches send a crew of men out to help a missionary with a building project. Or, create an adventure of ministry of your own. MAKE AN ADVENTURE FOR BOTH PERSONAL JOY AND TO GLORIFY THE LORD!

ISRAEL AND IRAN – Here is a serious prayer concern, raising questions about how close we may be to the Rapture and Tribulation along with so many other things going on today.. This is something you won’t hear much about from what Rush calls the “Drive-by Media.” Human Events ran an article by W. Thomas Smith, Jr. titled “Will Israel Strike Iran?” It is a several page article and I can’t put it all in my “Musings” but I’ll give you a very condensed form. Basically it tells of plans for Israel to strike Iran’s nuclear facilities before the end of the year while President Bush is still in office due to questions about whether a new president would continue to stand behind Israel in the need to stop Iran’s nuclear development. It would be a strike taking several days that could possibly draw in the United States. A Lt. General Thomas G. McInerneney (U.S. Air Force, ret.) saying, “To hit the number of targets the Israelis need to hit with their force structure would require several days,” “If they did it in a night – with, say 100 airplanes – they’d probably inflict significant damage to Bushehr and other facilities, but it would be more difficult to hit the deep bunkers at Natanz.” / “Nevertheless, a multi-phased campaign lasting several days is what the current plan looks like according to the analysts and insiders.” / “If the Iranians -- in retaliation for strikes against their facilities -- makes a move against American forces in the region, or if they try to shut down the Strait of Hormuz (the strategically vital waterway between the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman) as they have threatened to do, U. S. forces will “unleash hell and more than complement what the Israelis are doing,” says Vallely. / Anyway, the lengthy article is very detailed and interesting. Also frightening. You could probably get the article by finding Human Events on the inter-net and naming the article. We can only imagine how terrible this could turn out. We need to be much in prayer about this matter as well as making sure of our own status in the Lord with the rapture before us, and the effect of the tribulation on the world. As I have said so many times, “Keep looking up!”
MARIJUNA & HEART TRANSPLANTS – Marijuana users are complaining about transplants not being available to them. Nor should they be. Those receiving hearts must sign papers agreeing not to use any form of tobacco and other matters before the precious & scarce hearts are given. I’ve had two grandsons to receive transplant & I have read the requirements.

No comments: